With an average of 320 sunny days annually, Panama City Beach is one of the finest seaside getaways year-round. It’s both affordable for most families on a budget and easy to get to by car or plane.
It has long been a favorite of students for spring break. However, the area has plenty to offer visitors of all ages, including the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico lapping 27 miles of white-sand beaches.
Being in real estate and having the most prolific website in Panama City and Panama City Beach Florida, I am often asked by customers if this is all I do? Depending on the time of year and season you visit, there are a world of fun and exciting activities to enjoy.
Well, selling real estate is not the only thing that entertains me and here is a list of just 35 things I like to do in the Panama City, Panama City Beach Florida area:
- Relax on the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico – The waters are so clear you could see schools of little fish swimming around.
- Go to the Drag races at Breakaway Drag strip – Not many are aware we have drag racing!.
- Visit the Ripley’s believe it or not’ museum – Collections of oddities from all over the world.
- Visit ZooWorld – Zoo World has some really great animals.
- Go fishing either salt or fresh water – There are many charter companies offering various outings.
- Take a dinner cruise – There are several such as the Betsy Ann River boat.
- Kayak or Canoe on Econfina Creek – Always a fun family outing.
- Visit the Gulf World Marine Park – Exhibits such as tropical birds, alligators, penguins and more.
- Shop at Pier Park plaza and/or the Panama City Mall or other local gift or souvenir shops.
- Take a ferry tour to Shell Island – The ferry drops you off at Shell Island, fun for everyone.
- Play golf – There are many golf courses for all levels of experience.
- Visit the Museum of Man in the sea – Discover the history of Diving from the 1500′s to modern day.
- Visit St. Andrews Park – At St. Andrew’s you can imagine what the area looked like before the high-rise condos, hotels, and clubs took over or go hiking and bird watching or picnicking.
- Spend time at the Water park – Perfect for the kids.
- Take a Helicopter tour – Great way to see Panama City Beach from a different perspective.
- Go to the movies – Any one remember date night?
- Go to the dog races at Ebro Greyhound Park – Fast and furious, a wonderful evening for adults.
- Go dancing at Club La Vela – Not just for the young.
- Go Parasailing – Afraid of heights? It’s still an experience to remember.
- Ride Jet skis – Zip along the bay or gulf.
- Rent a boat for the day – Pontoons, sailing and motor boat rentals by the hour or day.
- Go scuba diving – Several shipwrecks and artificial reefs are in the immediate vicinity.
- Take bicycle tour – Rent a bike and just tour any of the several state parks in the area.
- Give yourself a day at the spa – What could be more self indulging?
- Swim with the dolphins – One of my all time favorites!
- Take a tour on a scooter – Several rental sites along the beach.
- Go camping – There are several parks that offer camping facilities.
- Visit Falling Waters state park – Home to Falling Waters Sink, the state’s highest waterfall.
- Walk in Florida Caverns State Park – Tours run every hour from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm Thursday through Monday closed on Tuesday and Wednesdays.
- Sail the gulf on a catamaran – Good for private charters, corporate outings, weddings, receptions, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations.
- Visit the Panhandle Pioneer Settlement – A living history museum located in Blountstown, FL.
- Visit old downtown and art galleries – A day of casual walking, dining and community spirit.
- Take a winery tour – Yes, we do have a winery.
- Attend a concert in the Park – There are several events on going through out the year.
- Have lunch or dinner on the beach – Put your toes in the sand and feast.
There are many more activities available in Panama City, Panama City Beach and the surrounding area which are only limited by your imagination, budget and time.
Welcome to our Panama City Beach real estate blog. Please share your thoughts and opinions as comments are always welcome, whether you are a consumer, journalist or another real estate professional.
Our blog includes local and relevant national real estate information, Condo and Home market statistics, personal and professional insights and information about various neighborhoods, subdivisions and listings. If you would like additional information on any of our topics, please contact us directly and we'll be glad to assist you.