To accomplish this, establish a routine maintenance schedule for your home. A little time investment now, may very well save you costly repairs in the future!
If you’ve purchased your home recently, you may already have a handy tool available to get you started. Your home inspection report may include suggested routine maintenance items.
Thoroughly examine your home and add any additional items requiring repair to your list.
Make a list of all the repairs needed to be done and setup a calendar for when you want to complete each one. You can use an annual paper calendar, or I prefer an electronic calendar similar to one that comes with MS-Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird.
With these electronic calendars you can set alerts a few hours or days prior to an activity to ‘alert’ you that an item is needed to be completed.
Here are some examples of tasks that should be completed annually:
- Test Smoke alarms and replace batteries
- Your chimney should be inspected and cleaned when needed
- Remove debris and clutter from gutters and down spouts
- Check grading around your house and confirm water is draining away from the property
- Examine the foundation for cracks, dampness, water stains as well as termite paths
- Check the walkways and driveway for cracks, breakage or erosion
- Examine around windows for drafts and confirm weather stripping fits tightly
- Check glass and screens for damage.
Regular inspection and maintenance of your home will protect its value and condition.
If you are considering selling your home, contact me. I would be happy to provide you more information on how to increase your homes value.
If you're interested in purchasing or selling a condo or home in Panama City or Panama City Beach contact Jennifer today!. Directly: (850 ) 774-6582 for more information on how to increase your homes value.
Welcome to our Panama City Beach real estate blog. Please share your thoughts and opinions as comments are always welcome, whether you are a consumer, journalist or another real estate professional.
Our blog includes local and relevant national real estate information, Condo and Home market statistics, personal and professional insights and information about various neighborhoods, subdivisions and listings. If you would like additional information on any of our topics, please contact us directly and we'll be glad to assist you.