Here's some valuable information for Florida first time home buyers and programs that are currently available...
Florida Housing’s First Time Homebuyer Program offers low fixed-rate 30-year first mortgage programs for first time homebuyers (some exceptions exist) with qualified income and purchase price limits for the county where they are purchasing a home.
There also are down payment assistance programs that can be used with the first mortgage products.
FIRST TIME HOMEBUYER PROGRAMS offered by Florida Housing are as follows:
- Florida First: This program offers a low 30-year fixed-rate first mortgage to all borrowers who meet program guidelines and qualify for a loan. Borrowers who qualify for this first mortgage product are automatically qualified for one of our down payment assistance programs.
- Florida Advantage: This program is for buyers purchasing in special geographic areas, rural self-help buyers or for households with at least one disabled member; buyers must be at or below 80% of AMI adjusted for household size. Buyers using this product qualify for Florida Assist down payment assistance.
- Community Heroes: This 30-year first mortgage loan program is designed to help both veterans and active duty military personnel, as well as full-time employees of the school system, police departments, firefighters, and certain healthcare workers with obtaining affordable housing. Florida Housing may offer a pool for these loans at a lower interest rate for the purpose of assisting this special target group.
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS offered by Florida Housing are as follows:
- Florida Assist: Offers lower income borrowers up to $7,500 to assist with down payment and closing costs. This is a deferred second mortgage with no payments and 0% interest that is repaid when the borrower sells or refinances the home, or at the end of the term of their first mortgage.
- Homeownership Assistance for Moderate Income Loan (HAMI): Offers borrowers up to $5,000 to assist with down payment and closing costs. This is a low fixed-rate second mortgage that is repaid over 10 years.
For more information on Florida Housing’s FTHB programs, contact a Participating Lender in Your Area or contact us directly - (850) 774-6582 and we'll directly you accordingly.