Having moved many times over the course of my years as well as being a top producing real estate agent, I’ve gained some valuable tips and techniques that I pass on to my customers.
Here are my top 50 tips for moving into a new home or apartment:
- Create an outline for listing moving tasks including purchases you need to make
- Boxes – You can never have too many boxes. Plastic, cardboard whatever.
- Obtain plenty of packing material – newspaper, bubble wrap etc.
- Obtain plenty of tape for sealing boxes.
- Obtain marking tape such as blue painters tape to mark items not in boxes
- Get plenty of rope or twine for tying up boxes
- Use rope to tie up small stacks of books for easy moving
- Use towels inside boxes to cushion fragile items from