Many of our customers are real estate investors. We proudly work with both professional and experienced investors as well as new just getting into real estate investors.
Here are a few tips we hope assist you with your investment strategy:
- Plan your strategy – Know how much you can afford to invest before you begin looking. Remember that if you are investing in residential rentals, you must be able to afford to carry the mortgage during times the unit is not rental.
- Below market rent – You want to find property that is being rented below current market rents. This is most important when purchasing multi-family units such as duplexes and triplexes etc.
- Single Family Homes - This is usually many new investors entry into real estate investing. Single family homes offer many advantages to new investors:
- They typically sell quicker
- Are easier to self manage
- Typically appreciate at faster pace
- Condos – Condos, no matter what you have heard in the past, remain a viable investment strategy for many. A typical condo investor will not only be able to gain appreciation and some income to offset the mortgage, but condos can also be used for vacations. Using the condo as a vacation unit for yourself, while also renting it out when you’re not using it, offers significant tax advantages.
- Always check with a tax professional regarding tax advantages of real estate property investment.
I hope you find these few tips of value and remember, if you want to talk investments or strategy, contact me. There’s no better time to start investing in your future then now.
If you're interested in purchasing or selling a condo or home in Panama City or Panama City Beach contact Jennifer today!. Directly: (850 ) 774-6582.
Welcome to our Panama City Beach real estate blog. Please share your thoughts and opinions as comments are always welcome, whether you are a consumer, journalist or another real estate professional.
Our blog includes local and relevant national real estate information, Condo and Home market statistics, personal and professional insights and information about various neighborhoods, subdivisions and listings. If you would like additional information on any of our topics, please contact us directly and we'll be glad to assist you.